Thursday, January 20, 2011

why I am applying for clinical jobs again

I miss your stories at least three people have said to me lately.

So do I: from exploding aminiotic sacs in Zululand to an Amish mom who asked if she'd be home in time for chores (nope, someone else is going to have to milk the cows tonight)

tragedies like the toothless, occasionally psychotic but rather endearing addict who went on a heroin binge instead of coming in for her induction

successes like the 450lb mama whose baby I successfully delivered and whose verylarge veryangry sister I managed to appease by the end of it

every possible excuse for a positive cocaine screen ("my brother does cocaine and I was dusting his room")

a lot of really gross stuff that I'll spare you now

chicken blood as labor stimulant

and the all-time best (or worst): the man who had a baby

No comments:

Post a Comment