received this email from V. in kabul:
Dear my lovely sister Stacia.
I hope every thing going well,and your family be okay.
I recived a maseage by my phoon,and he asked a bout your phoon
nomber,and his name is jems bob,then i sended a masseage to him, you
are not in afghanistan.then he send me bauck by dari languege,to i
love her and i want to maried with her,and his nomber is
(o793785231). and tow time send this masseag by English,
and one time by dari.
none of us have any idea who this "jems bob" character is.
but the name cracks me up.
and if he calls again he'll be reported
to our gun-toting security director.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Stacia - I've just found your blog from Eden's, and I'm sure you can see on some stat counter somewhere, read the entire thing.
ReplyDeleteIt's great, really good, you've done a wonderful job of educating and sharing the everydayness of Kabul. The beautiful, the regular, the horrible, I think you're fair to all of it. And of course, because a lot of our experiences were so different even in a same place, it was a lot of fun to see it through your eyes.
I might have said to you before, but I'll be curious to see if in the future, when I've left once, it will call me back.
I wonder if Jems Bob is from Arkansas?