I graduated in May, the diploma came in the mail last month, and I finally opened it today. Another fancy school degree--but this is the first one I can actually read! What a delight to be literate.
At Stanley Fest over 4th of July weekend, my Great-Uncle Russ took me aside and with tears in his eyes told me how proud he is of me. (At Stanley Fest, any joy, sorrow, or mention of the past is accompanied by tears, and Uncle Russ has perfected the laugh-cry.) "You've always sought out the best institutions and the best training, but then have used your education and skills to care for the worst off."
Which is a much nicer way of stating that I am quite likely the lowest paid triple Ivy League graduate. Ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

awesome.
ReplyDelete"I am quite likely the lowest paid triple Ivy League graduate. Ever."
ReplyDeletewell, at least you don't have three degrees in anthropology! could be worse, you know? :)