Saturday, September 12, 2009

and this is how much i love my husband

i am making gahl-bi tang. korean beef rib stew involving multiple days of simmering and skimming.

flashback to our first date...
"you don't eat meat?" (said with no small measure of incredulity, shock, perhaps even sorrow)
"will you let me eat meat?"
"will you let your kids eat meat?"

our working agreement is that he eats meat at lunch and then i cook us veg or fish dinners, but now here i am, spending two days with beef ribs. i love him well.

and with any luck, the gahl-bi tang will turn out well too. and i'll be on my way to being the good korean wife his mother always hoped he would find...

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! Can I come over for dinner now that you are cookin' real food? :) I see that you are becoming a domesticated housewife which is a far cry away from a liberal feminist studies degree. You know, I have a friend who was so ultra liberal but over time he has blossomed into a wonderful conservative right wing nut like me! I am hoping for the best for you too. In all seriousness, I am so very happy for you two and thank God that He has chosen to bless you with each other. God is truly great.

    ReplyDelete