1) "Advanced maternal age": the label applied to pregnant women over 35 years old
2) "American Medical Association": the bullies who would like to outlaw home birth
3) "Against medical advice": how my patients in CT would threaten to leave the hospital when I wouldn't let them smoke while they were inpatients...
OR
4)"Afghan Midwives Association": the fledgling organization supporting the professional development of midwives in this country.
I went to the meeting of their governance body today. This is how much I understood:
"Midwife... difficult... and... hospital... difficult... midwife... money... difficult... and... good... association... hospital... midwife... and.... difficult."
Talking with the vice president during lunch break I asked what she thought was the greatest strength of Afghan midwives. Without hesitation she said, "Their commitment." I agree.
Also, I love soda overseas, still made with pure old fashioned sugar rather than high-fructose corn syrup.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment