Today again dawned sunny and mild. A colleague picked me up at 9 and we walked over to her house for tea, pumpkin bread, and a discussion of plans for continuing midwifery education and system/protocol/charting revisions that can reasonably be attempted during my time here. I'm trying to focus my energy on the changes that will be most effective in saving lives. So while I'd love to teach massage and labor support, I'll concentrate instead on newborn resuscitation, monitoring and prompt appropriate intervention during delivery and postpartum (so women don't bleed to death or stroke out), and making the forms more user-friendly (for these midwives who are required to keep medical records in English, which they barely know at all).
At 11, our driver who doesn't like to drive (especially on Saturdays) took us over to Cafe de Kaboul for brunch. I highly recommend this place if you ever find yourself here and in need of an amazing croissant and fabulous hot chocolate. Or a filling quiche or soup. Or just a bright, cheery place with classical music and lovely staff.
And then I had Dari lessons. Which made me feel like a preschooler--I've learned my numbers and animals! Teacher, can we keep going?
Yesterday was a full day as well, and now I am feeling in need of a little introvert time, and perhaps a nap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment